Roodepoort Metal Exchange
Bookkeeper / Administration Manager
April 2004 - Dec 2010
The Company sells steel and hardware direct to the public with multiple retail outlets across South Africa.
- Performed bookkeeping functions through to Trial Balance
- Prepared annual budgets and completed monthly reports comparing budget with actuals
- Carried out debtor and creditor reconciliations
- Prepared Statutory Accounts
- Administered weekly and monthly payroll, managed employee records and reviewed employee contracts
- Provided oversight of the Occupational Health and Safety systems and Skills Development Programme
- Led a team of five staff in a busy environment with a high volume of transactions
- Developed and implemented administrative policies and procedures
- Successfully worked to reduce the creditors’ payment reconciliation backlog and implemented more efficient reconciliation processes.
- Was responsible for the presentation of the profile of the company at an annual awards ceremony where small/medium businesses are nominated by their customers as contestants for business of the year and won the event on one occasion.